The developers behind Titanfall 2, Respawn Entertainment, have been busy beavering away at their workstations for almost a year now to keep bringing fresh – and free! – content to Titanfall 2. Today, Respawn Entertainment announced that the next update will go live on July 25th with some pretty awesome additions.
The biggie here is the new four player co-op mode, Frontier Defense. Here’s a quick run-down that we nabbed from the Respawn blog post:
- Co-op 4 player mode.
- Defend your Harvester against 5 waves of increasingly difficult enemies.
- Earn cash for defeating enemies that you can spend in between waves to purchase tools like Batteries, Arc Traps, Sentries, and more.
- Choose from Easy / Regular / Hard / Master difficulty.
- There will be an Insane difficulty as well that will exist in a separate tile as a Featured Mode.
- New Titan Progression – ‘Aegis Ranks’
- Earn Aegis Ranks by completing matches of Frontier Defense. Aegis Ranks can unlock powerful upgrades for your Titans, helping you succeed at higher difficulty levels. For now these Ranks will only apply to Frontier Defense.
- New, challenging enemy types to battle.
- 5 maps supported at launch
- Forwardbase Kodai
- War Games
- Blackwater Canal
- We are currently testing additional maps and will add more in future
- We’ll be showing more of Frontier Defense in an upcoming tutorial video around launch.
In addition to the new game mode, there are new purchasable items, maps, and other goodies, plus there’s a little trailer embedded up above to get you ready for Frontier Defense.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella.