The newest free DLC for Titanfall 2 will be ready to launch in a week. Called A Glitch in the Frontier, it will add two maps, the MRVN faction, increase the Gen to 100, and allow you to choose between regular or Prime Titan executions.
The first new map is named Glitch. It will consist of, “vertical drops and long, twisting paths…for chaining together long wall runs to seamlessly glide across the map”. Deck is the second map, and it will be for the Live Fire mode. It is described as having, “tight interior spaces, exposed courtyards, and watchful drones circling overhead”.
Titanfall 2 really knows how to keep its player base coming back and rewarding loyalty. Surprising no one, it is free updates with new maps. We hope this dangerous way of thinking becomes more popular across the industry, but we are not going to hold our breath.
Until then, here are the remaining details around the DLC.
- M.R.V.N. Faction
- Marked for Death game mode. We’ll be introducing this as a featured mode around the launch of Glitch in the Frontier update.
- Update to the Main Menu
- We spruced things up a bit with a new look and tiles for news and other cool stuff we want you to check out.
- Max Gen increase for Pilots
- You will now be able to Gen to 100.
- New Gen icons for your callsign. You will receive a new one for each 10 gens you achieve.
- Ability to choose between Prime and regular executions for Titans
- New execution: Get to the Point [Pulse Blade]
- Live Fire mode added to Private Match options
Do you keep playing Titanfall 2 for the new DLC? Maybe we are wrong about it generating player loyalty and goodwill. Let us know your thoughts in the comments, and give us your take on the way the industry should handle keeping players engaged.