Attention Sonic fans. Freedom Planet is a combat-based platformer inspired by the blue hedgehog, and it launches today (March 21st) in North America.
How do green cats, wall defying motorbikes and ‘buttkicking’ girls sound? Pretty cool, if you ask us. Maybe green is the new blue?
GalaxyTrail took to Twitter to confirm that the PS4 version will include Milla’s adventure mode. There are seven trophies up for grabs, all with the option of unlocking a badge, but no platinum trophy for serious hunters. But it has green cats, so you know, we can forgive them.
As described on Steam:
Freedom Planet is a combat-based platform adventure that pits a spunky dragon girl and her friends against an alien attack force. There’s trouble around every turn, from insects to giant robots to sheer explosive destruction, but you’ll have a variety of special fighting abilities to blast your way through each stage.
As Lilac, you can use Dragon powers to whip enemies with your hair, spin like a cyclone, or fly through the air at high speed like a comet.
As Carol, you can bust through foes with a flurry of punches and kicks or summon motorcycles that let you ride up walls and ceilings.
- Dash across the celestial world of Avalice with boosts, bikes and other high-speed gimmicks to achieve the fastest time
- Explore at your own pace to find hidden paths and treasures and collect as many crystals as possible
- Help Lilac and friends save their world from war in an engaging Adventure mode with fully voiced cutscenes
- Zoom through the stages without interruption or dialog with Classic mode
- Battle tons of quirky boss enemies including giant robots, towering alien creatures and aggressive rivals
- Discover five elemental shields that reflect specific attacks and provide cool benefits
- Unlock special bonuses, including mini-games, achievements, artwork and music
A European release date is yet to be announced, as is a price; it retails at $14.99 on PC and Wii U.