Square Enix has released a new trailer to show off the new goodies coming to Final Fantasy in its upcoming update. The trailer, which is embedded above, gives us a glimpse at the new DLC that’ll be dropping soon as well as a look at the fabled Chapter 13 that’ll be added to the game with the new update.
Players have been wondering what’s going on with Chapter 13 being added to the game as DLC, with many questioning whether they’ll have to replay the entire game in order to see the new chapter, or if Square Enix will release an update that allows chapter selection. It would certainly save a lot of bother, wouldn’t it?
Additionally, the update for Final Fantasy XV, version 1.07, is live right now and takes up approximately 5.6GB of hard drive space. We’re downloading it now, though it’ll be a while before we can post the patch notes. Bear in mind that the update may not yet be live in your region, so if it’s not showing up as available, you’ll just have to wait a little bit longer.
[Update: An image posted by a user on Reddit with the update downloaded suggests that fans may not be too pleased with the update, what with stats and gear being left at the door with Chapter 13, Verse 2: For King and Comrade. On the other hand, though, it does at least look like you’ll be able to forego playing through the game again in order to play the latest Chapter. Swings and roundabout and all that, yeah?]
[Update #2: There’s a new soundtrack added to the in-game car in the new update.]
[Update #3: There’s actually two updates being pushed out today, version 1.06 and version 1.07. Perhaps that’s why it’s so large? Who knows, all we know is that the patch notes are below:
- Various bug fixes
- Addition of Chapter 13, Verse 2 (alternate route featuring Gladiolus)
- Enhancement of Arcana spells (Alterna, Holy, Death)
- Announcement of winning snapshots from first photo contest (viewable at Takka’s Pit Stop in Hammerhead)
- Temporary conclusion of Timed Quests (will resume at a later date)
- Addition of two pieces from Episode Gladiolus to music player tracklist
- Addition of compatibility with Episode Gladiolus
- Various gameplay enhancements
- Various bug fixes
- Updated saves will not work on former versions of the game
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella.