Remember when every gamer had a room full of silly plastic guitars? Sigh. Anyway, independent game developer Flow State Media announced their Kickstarter campaign for Guitar Godz VR. If their $500,000 goal is met, they plan to release this rock music game on the PlayStation VR this October or November and allow players to step onto the virtual stage to live out their rock star fantasy in front of thousands of adoring fans.
Some of the Key Guitar Godz VR Features include:
- Free Camera Mode: Players are free to look all over the VR environment while still able to see what notes they have to play.
- Local Multiplayer Play: For PlayStation VR, play guitar in the headset while a friend plays bass on the TV.
- Maximum Controller Options: Many popular guitar controllers will be supported as well as the 3D controllers for PlayStation VR, HTC Vive and Oculus Rift. (we don’t need to buy more stupid peripherals! Unless you want to. Whatever.)
- 40+ Songs from the Biggest Rock Musicians (specific songs to be announced later)
- Unlockable Songs, Arenas, Characters and Guitar Skins
- Multiple Difficulty Levels for casual and hardcore music fans
- Online Leaderboards
They are not divulging the song list as of yet, but the folks at Flow State Media say they have their sights on the biggest rock bands from the 60’s, 70’s, up to the modern-day. In fact, that is where a large portion of the Kickstarter money will go, if the project is greenlit. Apparently licensing famous songs is expensive. Who would have guessed? If Guitar Godz VR sounds cool to you, (and it kinda does, right?) and you want to drop a couple of dimes on their Kickstarter, then you better hurry, it only last for a couple more days. Check it out here!
Is another guitar game the last thing we need, or do you still feel the need to melt faces? Or maybe you’re just looking for another reason to strap on the ol’ VR hat. Either way, let us know in the comments!
When Jeremy isn’t writing books or playing video games, he’s living his life one random movie references at a time.
Flow State Media Press Release