There’s a new update out today for VooFoo Studios’ Mantis Burn Racing on PS4. The latest update, version 1.02, brings a whole host of fixes and improvements to the game.
In a press release received by Pure PlayStation, VooFoo Studios’ Mark Williams, Technology Director, stated the following:
“We’re committed to supporting Mantis Burn Racing long-term and we want to encourage and support the multiplayer community, so we’re really pleased that today’s update brings some notable improvements to the online experience for our players.”
Long-term support? We’ll take that. We actually reviewed Mantis Burn Racing quite favourably when it released not too long ago, so go and give our review a read if you’re still unsure about the game.
Patch 1.02 is available now and will run you around 316MB of hard drive space. Not too big then.
- New ‘Spotlight’ event added – Play single-screen multiplayer in a battle to remain within the spotlight and be the final racer standing!
- AI drivers can now be selected to fill the grid of online races
- Extensive online stability improvements
- Improved online lobby structure to allow players to race against AI while their lobby fills with human opponents
- PlayStation Activity feeds added
- ‘Punching above your weight’, ‘The bigger they are’ and ‘I’ll bring it back without a scratch’ trophies now never blocked from being unlocked
- New ‘Far’ camera option
- Players XP level now displayed in online lobbies
- Gear reward summary now shown post-race
- Online leader board now shown post-race
- Improved car-to-car collision physics
- Mechanic tutorials added for Overtake and Hotlap events as well as x2 upgrades
- Boost colour now shown dynamically in the garage
- Improved vehicle stat bar calculation
- Option to permanently show players online IDs above their vehicle
- Ability to fast switch between career seasons
- Highlighted career events now auto-scroll when joystick held in any direction
- Time bonus for overtaking vehicles in the weekly Overtake challenge
- XP line UI graphic tweaks
- Weekly Challenge distance units now change dynamically with players selection
- Overtake bug fixed that could cause the event to end prematurely
- Improved logic for vehicle overtaking
- Frame rate performance enhancements
- AI tweaks
- Audio tweaks
- General bug fixes and polish
- Fixed an issue where certain trophies would be unlocked at the wrong times
- Fixed a potential crash when changing screen resolution.
- Minor cosmetic bug fixes.
If you’re not a PS4 owner and play Mantis Burn Racing on other platforms (hey, we love other platforms, too!) then you’ll get your update “soon.”
VooFoo Press Release