Middle-earth Shadow of War, the forthcoming successor to Shadow of Mordor, is set to be bigger and better in every way possible. From play styles to exploration, combat to skills tree, they’ve all been eating their spinach and bulked the dickens up.
During a livestream, Monolith Productions announced a number of key features we can expect compared to the first when the title launches later this year.
Notably, these are:
- Shadow of War‘s skill tree offers over a hundred skills, which will give players more choice over play styles.
- Each fort has an open-world area so there’ll be more opportunities for exploration.
- Combat has been enhanced and comes with new additions for Celebrimbor. We’re told that the character won’t be able to use a spear for heavy attacks.
- Talion will be able to control siege weapons.
- Shadow of War introduces more characters from The Lord of the Rings universe (some of them will be bosses).
- There’ll be a higher difficulty level for those who love a challenge.
- Expansions and DLC will enhance the experience and won’t revolve around the main game’s characters.
Middle-earth: Shadow of War launches on August 22nd.