Over on Battlefront’s website EA and Dice have revealed some new information on Star Wars: Battlefront’s pricey season pass. What will the $50 season pass net you? The answer is: four map packs, weapons, heroes, modes and more. The first pack will drop in March 2016 and is called ‘Outer Rim’, players will get to battle on Sullust and in Jabba’s palace. The next pack will hit the PlayStation Store in Summer 2016, it will be called ‘Bespin’ and as you might have guessed it’s set in the iconic Cloud City. Then in Fall 2016 you can experience the ‘Death Star’, again, in a pack conveniently titled ‘Death Star.’ The final pack will arrive in early 2017, but even EA don’t know what it contains, or a least they won’t tell us yet. It’s nice to know that the 2015 game will be supported until 2017, although fans are screaming for more content now, because many felt the game was very empty at launch.
Well it looks like all that screaming is beginning to pay off as Dice are adding all the below content tomorrow.
- The Tatooine Survival map will now support the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes, and is called Raider Camp.
- New Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, both of which will be available to all fans when they play as these two iconic characters on Hoth – these were unlocked by our players for completing our Heroes’ Holiday community mission last month.
- We are giving players the ability to create Private Matches, which makes playing with friends even easier.
- The introduction of Daily Challenges and Community Events. These are designed to rally the Community around certain goals and objectives, giving players the chance to earn credits and unlocks even faster. We’ll have more news regarding Community Events and Daily Challenges in the days ahead.
- And of course, we are also including some overall balancing tweaks to both weapons and multiplayer modes.
Not bad at all, and the hard-core Star Wars fans will finally be able to stop complaining about Luke and Han wearing the wrong cloths on Hoth. Remember to check back with Pure PlayStation for all things Battlefront and all things PlayStation.