UPDATE: Reports are coming in that this is a third party design and peripheral. Not officially made by Sony or PlayStation. We’ll keep you updated.
ORIGINAL: Some nice people over at Mammoth Gamers spotted a very interesting Target ad online. If the listing is true then the PlayStation family is about to get one heck of a relative in the form of an Elite Controller. Reportedly the peripheral will be fully customizable, ergonomically designed even more, and feature a transforming D-Pad. We mean look at that thing! The full set of features can be found below. In addition, Target lists this bad boy coming out November 1st of this year. This model looks incredibly fascinating and we can’t wait to see if Sony and its PlayStation department confirm this in an official statement. We’ll let you know as we learn more.
– Bluetooth control
– Rubberized housing for firm grip
– Compatible with Xbox Elite Controller accessories
– Charges with included 9’ braided cable
– Fully customizable buttons and triggers
– Interchangeable Back Paddles with 2 preset configurations
– Preset 1: paddles emulate the front buttons
– Preset 2: paddles emulate RB, LB, RT, and LT.
– Keep your fingers on the thumb stick while executing intricate moves
– Magnetic! Easily attach and remove paddles without any tools
– Compatible with Xbox One paddles for added flexibility
Mammothgamers.com & Target.com