Team 17 has announced today that pre-order bonuses are going to be a thing with Overcooked 2. Because of course they are. It’s 2018.
Those who pre-order the game will get access to the “Too Many Cooks” pack that introduces five new playable chefs: Calico Cat chef, Monkey chef, Unicorn chef, Walrus chef, and Alien chef. Exactly the kind of people you’d want cooking food… Food safety really has gone down the drain these days.
There’s a trailer up above that shows the new Gordon Ramsay wannabes in action, and then there’s a quick recap of the game’s features down below, just in case you weren’t aware.
- Online multiplayer! For the first time you can cook up a storm with up to four players in both local and online multiplayer
- Throwing! Throwing is now an official game mechanic, allowing you to toss ingredients to your fellow chefs or even straight into the pan/blender/onto the floor
- New level mechanics! Overcooked 2 sees the introduction of new game mechanics including moving walkways, controllable platforms and even portals!
- Dynamic levels! Throwing you from the frying pan and into the fire, dynamic levels will change around you, offering a new challenge to overcome as the recipes and levels themselves change!
- Interactive world map! As you drive, sail and soar your way around the map in the Onion King’s amphibious air bus you will open up new areas using hidden buttons around the world
- Kitchens! From the neon lights of a sushi restaurant to the bubbling pots of a Wizard school kitchen, there are plenty of places to cook up a storm in Overcooked 2!
- Recipes! From spaghetti to sushi and pancakes to pizza, recipes both old and new will need to be cooked to perfection (or at least not burnt to a crisp!) New recipes mean new ingredients and new equipment so even the most well-seasoned Overcooked players will be challenged.
- Chefs! Overcooked 2 introduces a whole host of new of chefs to play in the kitchen including an eagle, mouse, beaver and what kitchen is complete without an octopus!
Overcooked 2 will release on PS4 on August 7th. You can pre-order the digital copy of the game from the PlayStation Store, or you can pick up a physical version at retail.
Team 17 Press Release
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella.