SOEDESCO, the publisher behind Owlyboy: Limited Edition, has announced today via a press release that the game will not be releasing on its previously announced date, but will now release on August 31st.
“We want everyone around the globe to receive their Limited Edition at the same time,” said Marten Buijsse, Community Manager at SOEDESCO. “This was proving to be a challenge, so we decided to delay the launch so that we can have one worldwide launch date. However, I’m sure true fans will agree that it’s worth the wait!”
The limited edition really is limited; there’ll only be 6000 copies for each platform, and they contain the following:
- Owlboy base game for Nintendo Switch™ or PlayStation®4
- Certificate of authenticity with a unique Limited Edition number
- Original Soundtrack physical copy featuring the majestic Owlboy sounds
- Owlboy notebook for logging all your adventures
- Owlboy manual full of useful information about the game
- Two pins one of the Owlboy logo and one of main character Otus
- Two metal coins inspired by the collectible ‘Buccanary coins‘ in the game
- Pin box to safely store your pins and coins
- Sticker sheet with seventeen magnificent Owlboy stickers
SOEDESCO Press Release
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella.