No, really, that headline is 100% accurate. Owlboy Limited Edition has been delayed again, but this time it’s due to the U.S Customs and Border Protection agency, er, not liking it? The reasons why are not known, but the game’s Dutch publisher, SOEDESCO, has assured us that the issue is being resolved and that the game has a new expected release date: October 19th.
Owlboy Limited Edition was supposed to launch of August 31st – and even then that release date only came about because of a previous delay. Here’s hoping the game’s get to store shelves sooner rather than later.
Here’s my tip: Don’t send a massive box of anything from the Netherlands (especially Amsterdam) and expect it to reach its destination without being searched. Just a thought…
The Limited Edition contains the following items:
- Owlboy base game for Nintendo Switch™ or PlayStation®4
- Certificate of authenticity with a unique Limited Edition number
- Original Soundtrack physical copy featuring the majestic Owlboy sounds
- Owlboy notebook for logging all your adventures
- Owlboy manual full of useful information about the game
- Two pins one of the Owlboy logo and one of main character Otus
- Two metal coins inspired by the collectible ‘Buccanary coins’ in the game
- Pin box to safely store your pins and coins
- Sticker sheet with seventeen magnificent Owlboy stickers
SOEDESCO Press Release
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella.