If you haven’t already taken the plunge into the brutally epic RPG Vikings – Wolves of Midgard, then now’s the time to try it out. Kalypso Media was good enough to offer up a free demo that includes the tutorial and the opening raid.
On the shores of Midgard, you’l battle the terrifying Jotan, which are hordes of disgusting undead monstrosities, along with a host of other beasts. Play the game alone or grab a friend and play via the online co-op multiplayer mode. Whether you choose to play as a brutal viking or a fearless shieldmaiden, collecting the blood of your dead enemies to offer in tribute to your viking Gods sounds pretty damn cool.
Check out these other features from the official press release:
- Fantasy Meets Nordic Mythology: Travel the realms of earthly Midgard, freezing Niflheim and boiling Balheim, either as a fierce Viking warrior or merciless shieldmaiden.
- The Deadly Fimbulwinter: Withstand the deathly colds and protect yourself from exposure to nature’s wrath in order to survive.
- Tribute to the Gods: Collect blood from fallen enemies and sacrifice it at the altar to gain gifts from the Gods to enhance your powers.
- Berserker Rage: Let your anger take hold by activating Rage Mode to overwhelm your enemies in bloodthirsty combat.
- The art of combat: Perfect your skills with each weapon to unlock their true potential, including swords, bows and spell-powered canes.
- The Power of the Gods: Make the abilities of the Gods your own by equipping power-infused amulets, like the Talismans of Thor or Loki. Put your new skills to the test by competing in the Trials of the Gods to earn further rewards.
- Teamwork: Team up with a friend and journey to the Shores of Midgard together in an epic two player online co-op mode. Choose between four difficulty levels to suit your skills and talents. Do you dare attempt the unrelenting hardcore mode?
- The Clan of Wolves: Restore and rebuild your village and lead your clan to glory. Upgrade buildings such as weaponsmith, armourer, runesmith, and mead hall to unlock more content and better equipment.
- Legendary Weapons: Gather the scattered fragments of mythical weapons and armors to take on the most fearsome creatures of the realms.
- A Class of its Own: Become even more powerful in the next life by attempting New Game+, and push your Viking warrior or shieldmaiden to their limit.
- Destructible Environments: Utilize your surroundings by burying your foes under falling rocks or pushing them off high cliffs.
Download the demo, drink from the skulls of your enemies, and regale us with your tales of victory in the comments below?
When Jeremy isn’t writing books or playing video games, he’s living his life one random movie references at a time.
Kalypso Press Release