Sony has announced the PS4 Pro at today’s PlayStation Meeting. Andrew House took to the stage to announce the new mid-generation upgrade.
The console will sit alongside the current models of the PS4, with the PS4 Slim replacing the current model as the standard. Mark Cerny took to the stage to tell us a bit about what’s going on inside the PS4 Pro.
- Double GPU power
- A number of hardware renovations to allow resolutions to be upped.
- Boosting the clockrate of the CPU.
- Exisiting games will play as normal
- PS4 Pro comes with a 1TB hard drive as standard.
- 4K resolution – 8 Million Pixels of display
- High Dynamic Range compatibility – HDR
At the moment, there’s no pricing though that may change throughout the evening. Cerny then also showed off some games running on the PS4 Pro, though there’s no video yet, but when there is, we’ll post it here.