We’ve always admired the idea behind CherryPop Games’ SportsBar VR on PS4/PSVR. The ability to hang around and play some pool with your mates without actually having to hang around with them is the perfect way to socialise, or at least we think so. No complaining of anyone’s bad body odour, no actual fist-fights that result in lost teeth, and no need to chip in for the next round of beers. Sweet as a nut, mate.
SportsBar VR has seen some decent post-release support, but nothing like what’s happening right now. SportsBar VR’s latest update turns the game into SportsBar VR 2.0, and with it comes a ton of changes. You’ll now be able to play with PCVR players – something that will help fill up the online lobbies. There are even some new game modes, too, but that isn’t the end of the game’s support.
Pete Jones, CEO CherryPop Games said, “We’ve always believed in post release support for our games, and Sports Bar VR 2.0 is the epitome of this.” He added, “We’ve brought platforms together with cross play, increased the number of players online with up to a huge twelve players and crafted new game modes specifically designed for VR. We’ll continue to bring updates to our fans to offer great value, and the best social experience in VR.”
Sounds like we can expect to see more decent updates in the future. Bring em’ on, we say.
SportsBar VR 2.0 Gameplay Features:
- Doubles and more: All 7 Pool tables are now playable in the bar with CherryPop’s Pool Nation Physics Engine. Play 4 different game types, 1v1 or in doubles.
- Cross Play: Bringing PlayStation and PC together, Cross Play has been introduced between the three leading headsets PSVR, HTC Vive and Oculus Rift.
- More People Online: Online lobbies have increased from 6 to 12 people, so there is more social fun to be had.
- Tonnes to Do: New Chained reaction game, a ‘Whack a Mole’ style reaction based game, Puzzle wall, Darts, pool, air hockey, ramp ball, shuffleboard and more. Just about every classic pub game is here… All in beautiful, realistic 3D VR.
- Just Have Fun! Had enough of being a good sport? Then create an epic trickshot, Shoot a ping pong gun, enjoy throwing bottles, cue balls and sticks around, nobody gets hurt and nobody has to clean up!
- Hang with Friends: A fully immersive social setting enables you to simply hang out and chat. For more information on development or to trade pub chat with friends, join the discussion by visiting Cherry Pop Games on the web.
CherryPop Games Press Release