If you’ve ignored our recommendation and delayed your purchase of Sportsbar VR due to a perceived lack of online players, then maybe now is the time to jump in. Developer Cherry Pop Games has announced that its latest free update brings cross-play functionality to its sports bar simulator. Combining players from Steam, Oculus and Sony’s own PSVR in a bar atmosphere may not be the best idea, it still sounds like fun for us here at Pure PlayStation.
In addition to cross-play, Cherry Pop also promises an improved UI, new games, and improvements to the existing games. Here is an official list of the Sportsbar VR’s latest and greatest:
- Cross-Play: Bringing PlayStation and PC together, cross-play has been introduced between the three leading platforms: Steam, Oculus Home, and PlayStation VR. Play and chat with your friends no matter which VR headset they own!
- New and Classic Games: Play the all new Chained Reaction game and see who has the fastest reflexes in 3 different game modes. Try out the all new puzzle wall, or the variety of fun games you’d find in a typical sports bar including improved darts (now with AI), improved air hockey, ramp ball, shuffleboard (now with AI) and more. Just about every classic pub game is here…all in beautiful social, realistic VR, and with daily challenges.
- Enhanced Pool Games and Modes: All seven pool tables are now playable in the bar. Play four different game types: 8 ball, 9 ball, 3 Ball and Killer in 1v1 or doubles.
- More People, More Fun: Online matches have increased to eight players, so there is more social fun to be had, but don’t worry, player audio is spatialized so if others are across the bar, you won’t hear them just like in a real bar. You can also turn on your personal space bubble to keep others from getting too close for comfort and create a sphere of calm tranquility.
- New Ticket Economy: Win tickets for games played and get daily login bonuses and happy hour multipliers to really get those tickets flowing. Use your tickets to purchase new pool cues, hats, and table skin decals.
- Improved User Interface: A completely re-designed pub with a new streamlined UI includes a mini-map for finding other players and makes moving around easier than ever. Easily switch your dominant hand, change your cue locking style, and change your ball spin control. Everything is now quickly accessible on the hand menu.
Have you downloaded the update and slammed a few virtual beers with a member of a rival gang, I mean a member of the VR family from another mother, yet? If you do, try not to start any fights and let us know how it goes in comments below.
Cherry Pop Games Press Release