Blasters at the ready, troopers, Star Wars Battlefront II‘s open beta has got a release date. Writing over on the PlayStation Blog today, EA’s Jared Petty broke the news that Star Wars Battlefront II will get its open beta this October 6th on PS4.
However, if you pre-order the game you’ll be able to get in on the beta two days early and start playing on October 4th. That’s one way to get pre-orders locked in, we suppose.
Petty also revealed what will be playable in the open beta. We’ll be able to go boots-on-the-ground with an assault on Naboo, as well as zipping around in space with a multiplayer space battle. Here’s the details:
Galactic Assault on Naboo
- Join the Separatist droid army or the Republic Clones on the streets of Theed in massive 40 player multiplayer melees
- Choose from four distinct trooper classes:
- Assault troopers are classic flankers, pushing the line forward and advancing the front
- Heavy troopers use their high-powered weapons and personal body shields to take ground and hold it
- Officers power up their teammates with buffs and deploy remote weapons to support their allies
- Specialists lay traps and snipe from a distance
- Control beloved Star Wars heroes, pilot prequel-era vehicles, and more
And as for the Multiplayer Starfighter Assault… Well, there’s no info yet. EA’s Petty explained that the we won’t be getting any details on this one just yet, but that we will learn more at this year’s Gamescom in August.
Will you be pre-ordering Star Wars Battlefront II to get the early beta, or will you be waiting it out a couple of extra days? Scream like an Ewok on acid down in the comments section below.