PS4-exclusive, samurai-slasher Nioh has officially surpassed one million sales, Koei Tecmo has announced. Not bad going for two weeks work, eh?
In celebration of reaching the milestone, Team Ninja has released a free DLC bundled into the next update, 1.04 which is expected today. Your hero will be the envy of all samurais of old, dashing around in his very fetching ‘Golden Nioh Armor’.
However, all is not well with 1.04; a bug lets players access very high level equipment after a certain amount of forging. So 1.05 is already available to put things right, and reduce the drop levels to those originally intended.
“We are extremely sorry but players who have already seen equipment drops will see the drops reduced in level to adjust for the original intention,” they said.
Full patch notes for 1.04:
- A new menu is added to the Hidden Teahouse. It will allow players to readjust points
- Items such as arrows and other consumables will now be sent directly to the storehouse if the player’s carry max is reached
- Added an “Other” menu to the “Play Record” window
- The following has been altered in the Game Settings menu under System Menu: Added a weapon type tab; Added an armor type tab; Added a small items tab; Autmatic projectile replenishment at mission start; Center the camera when guarding
- Title screen will now show application version
- Weapons and armors may now be sorted by category
- The Itokuri Guardian Spirit will now give priority to weapon attributes regarding paralysis protection.
- Fixed an issue where autosaves would accidentally overwrite other characters. (The autosave issue may appear, but the character override will no longer happen)
- Fixed an issue that made some enemies continuously drop Amrita
- Fixed missing assets in some stages
- Fixed an issue that caused the application to crash when fighting certain bosses.
- Fixed an issue where missions could not be completed if the objective enemy was defeated mid-air.
- Fixed an issue where missions could not be completed if the objective enemy was defeated through a wall.
- Fixed an issue where Saika Magoichi and Kelly may be on the ground while in online play.
- Fixed an issue that was matching users again after successfully completing a mission.
- Fixed an issue where correct gestures towards Mujina were not recognized while playing online.
- Fixed an issue where, during online play, players would not be able to open their equipment and would be naked if they were transported while mid-bath in a Hot Spring.
- Fixed an issue where Dual Katana’s Mid Stance strong attacks would not hit if the enemy is guarding.
- Fixed an issue where it was impossible to proceed if the skill Leaf Glide was used against certain bosses.
- Fixed an issue with Suzaku’s Living Weapon trigger.
- Fixed an issue where the correct amount of enemies defeated would not display in the Play Record.
- Fixed an incorrect description of gestures in the trading section of the Hidden Teahouse.
- Other Bug Fixes.
Living life one Batmobile chase at a time. When she’s not writing about video games, she’s writing terrible jokes that even a Christmas cracker would be embarrassed to share.