Terraria, the sandbox adventure game developer by Re-Logic, was initially launched on PC in 2011. As of the end of 2016, over 20 million copies have been sold on PC, PS3, Ps4 and PSVita.
“The entire team would like to say a massive THANK YOU to all of you for making all of this possible,” Re-Logic said.
“It has been a pleasure to have all of you along on the journey thus far, and we are really looking forward to continuing down that path. Terraria is a game — and a franchise — that has so much life left in it, and we cannot wait to share those plans with you in the months and years to come.”
The studio also announced that the console release of update 1.3 is “just around the corner”, the update that has greatly assisted with their sales figures. We are also anticipating an update on whether the still-under-development Terraria: Otherworld will be making the leap on to console.
For all you Terraria-ers, here are some fun facts to show just how far it has come.
Launch: May 2011
- PC Only
- ~250 Items
- 6 NPCs (7 if you count the Old Man)
- 20 Enemies
- 3 Bosses
- 10 Biomes
- Game “ended” with the Dungeon, explorable upon defeating the final boss of the game at the time, Skeletron
- ~20.5 Million Copies Sold (8.5m alone in the 18 months since 1.3 on PC!)
- Available across one of the widest arrays of gaming platforms of any game ever: PC/Mac/Linux, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS VITA, PS4, Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and Amazon mobile devices
- ~3,800 Items
- 25 NPCs (26 if you count the Old Man)
- ~350 Enemies
- 16 Bosses (plus 9 mini-bosses!)
- 27 Biomes (Plus a number of “mini-biomes” such as Pyramids or Living Trees)
- Handful of Optional “Events” (The Moons, Invasions, etc)
- Game “ends” with Moonlord, though optional content remains
- Expert Mode for those with the skills to take on the ultimate Challenge!
- Numerous Quality of Life Improvements (Too many to mention, really!)
- ….and we still have more planned to come your way!