The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is the gift that just keeps on giving, isn’t it? The developers, CD Projekt Red, have been beavering away on the game since its release last year, and in that time we’ve seen a ton of free DLC, a couple of sweet expansions and some genuinely impressive patches.
The latest patch for the epic RPG is available now on PS4 and it’s update version 1.20. It’s released to coincide with the Blood and Wine expansion, so it’s probably best that you get the update downloaded and installed before you take off on a new quest in Blood and Wine – just to be on the safe side, yeah?
The update weighs in at a hefty 2.7GB so make sure you’ve got enough space. The full patch notes can be found below:
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Patch 1.20 Notes
- Adds book titled ‘A Miraculous Guide to Gwent’ which displays number of gwent cards missing from player’s base-game collection and information on where to find them, thus facilitating completion of achievement titled Collect ‘Em All. Tome in question can be obtained either from gwent playing scholar in Prologue or from merchant near St. Gregory’s Bridge in Gildorf district of Novigrad.
- Adds option in Options/Gameplay to enable enemy level upscaling. If foes are too easy to defeat due to level difference, upscaling will render them a challenge. Change will not affect experience point gain, loot, or quest rewards. Option can be enabled or disabled at any time, even during combat (however, Vitality/Essence of foes is then fully restored).
- Adds option in Options/Gameplay to disable automatic drawing and sheathing of sword.
- Increases incidence of, and thus chances of finding, several monster-based ingredients required for crafting high level alchemy formulae.
- Improves Player Statistics panel, adding maneuverable Geralt model. Improves visuals in panel for better readability.
- Adds new functionality to books and scrolls. When first collected, they can be read immediately using single button without need of navigating to Inventory panel. All found but not yet read books and scrolls are stored in Quest Items and Other categories. Once read, books and scrolls can be sold as their content is saved in Books section of Glossary.
- Improves Inventory navigation when using gamepad. Slots are divided into sections and right stick can be used to jump between them.
- Improves Crafting panel in merchant shops. Adds option to purchase missing diagram components directly from Crafting panel when talking to merchant, as well as clearer descriptions and option to resize item descriptions.
- Improves Quick Access Menu whereby it can be accessed in one of two modes, with action either paused or slowed depending on button used.
- Improves region maps by adding pin filtering, more intuitive quest tracking, and a region overview for faster navigation.
- Adds three new custom pins allowing players to mark areas for future reference.
- Improves Adrenaline Bar which better displays number of stored Adrenaline Points and their status.
- Improves sorting in Journal whereby active quest tab is always open and tracked quest is at top of quest list.
- Quest titled Collect ‘Em All is now marked as failed if player does not succeed in collecting Milva, Vampire Bruxa and Dandelion gwent cards during gwent tournament in quest titled A Matter of Life and Death.
- Fixes issue whereby Geralt’s clothing was not properly restored after sex scenes.
- Fixes issue whereby Ciri could be missing her scabbard in certain situations.
- Fixes issue whereby pool of experience points would invert to negative value when player reached level 70 cap or used Potion of Clearance.