For Honor has been out less than a week and Ubisoft are already stepping up to address issues that players are facing.
Generally, reviews of the sword swasher are strong but it isn’t without its share ofbugs, even after a day one patch. Eric Pope, Ubisoft Montreal’s Community Developer, took to the game’s official subreddit to assure fans that the company is “actively listening to the community” and “would like to update you on a list of improvements that will be deployed in upcoming updates.”
These improvements will solve:
Bots Replacing Players in Duel / Brawl / Elimination Game Modes:
- In response to player feedback from Beta, we will address your concerns regarding Bots with full health replacing leaving players. We will now replace the leaving player with a dead Bot in Duel, Brawl, and Elimination game modes. This will effectively make you win the current round if it was the only opponent left alive. For the rounds that follow, the Bot will stay in place of the player.
Conqueror and Berserker:
- Currently if your opponent blocks a light attack from these two characters, they can combo into a free Guard Break. This will no longer happen.
- We will address the bug where the second and third stabs from a guardbreak do not apply bleed.
- Light Attacks: reduced recovery time
- Light Chains: reduced time between attacks
- Pouncing Thrust & Hunter’s Strike: Increased damage and link options after those moves
- Shield Crush: add link to Light Attack chains
- Hunter’s Rush: reduced recovery time
Guardbreak Counter (All Heroes):
- Currently you can’t counter a guardbreak during a guardbreak attempt. This will be return to the previous behavior seen in the Beta.
Kudos to Ubisoft for reacting quickly to their fans’ feedback. Have you come across any of these issues, or faced one that’s not listed above?