Watch dogs 2’s latest update, 1.15, is now live, boasting a variety of treats and tweaks under the hood.
The patch will leave you fightinf to the death for your loot truck goodies against up to three others and cops, your phone wallpaper will now be customisable, and a new Co-op event will pop up as a DedSec event.
Interestingly there is something included that goes unmentioned in the patch notes below, which Ubisoft says will only be revealed in the inventory after a hard save. This is achieved by starting/ending main mission, or change HUD settings, etc and restarting after update.
Full patch notes are:
New Content & Improvements
- Man vs Machine Co-Op Event – A weaponized Tidis protoype security robot has been detected around the Bay Area, and it’s going to be a pain in the a** to take out. But you’re up to the task, right? It will appear dynamically in the world as a DedSec Event when you’re paired up with someone in co-op, will require careful coordination with your fellow hacker in order to defeat it. Good luck.
- PvP Loot Trucks – Robbing loot trucks for fat stacks of cash and followers is about to get a little crazier. Other players will be able to join your session when you come across a loot truck and you’ll have to battle them AND the cops in order to reap the rewards. This update supports up to 4 players in a session at a time, and can be played co-op.
- Leaderboard Improvements – We wanted our leaderboards to be as sexy as the No Compromise DLC so we’ve completely remade them. They should be easier to read, and offer you a better picture of where you stand amongst the masses, and what you need to do to rank up. You’ll need to check your standing more regularly, as you can now lose rank if you aren’t continuing to fight for your position over the course of each season. That said, seasonal rewards at Silver and Gold level cannot be lost once those ranks are achieved.
- Phone Backgrounds – You’ll be able to set your swag to 100 and customize your in-game phone with a selection of different backgrounds.
Tweaks & Balancing
- Bounty Hunter target buff – Targets in Bounty Hunter will be a little more difficult to kill, especially at the hands of police. We found that Bounty Hunter matches were ending too quickly, and this balancing change is intended to address that.
- Bounty Hunter leaderboard boost – Small increase in base leaderboard points for the target. Does not affect accumulated points (kills, escapes, etc.)
- Showd0wn – Improved match flow
Multiple crash fixes that are too boring and technical to waste anyone’s time explaining aaaaaaaand we’re done.