Alex Kidd is coming back for another shot at the big time this summer via a remake by Jankenteam and Merge Games. Now, we finally know when little Alex will be smashing his way into our living rooms.
Merge Games and Jankenteam have announced that Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX will be releasing on June 22nd, 2021 for PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch and PC. We’ve also got pricing for the retro remake – £14.99/$19.99/€19.99. Cheap and cheerful stuff, then.
The news comes with a brand new trailer that welcomes players back to Miracle World. I tell you what, most of you young folks won’t understand the appeal, but if you were a kid the same time as I was, you’ll already have pre-arranged your broken legs for the game’s release. Or… just phone in sick? Don’t actually break your legs to get time off. That’s a bit too extreme…
Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX is a complete remake of the original that released in 1986, but it’s not just a simple do-over. The developers have gone the extra pixel mile and updated the game’s graphics, art, music, sound, and even created new game modes and levels so that even for old-timers like me, Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX will be like a whole new game.
- A Legend Reborn – Dive into a stunning recreation of Alex Kidd in Miracle World with striking new art and tighter, more fluid controls.
- New Modes – New modes such including ‘Classic Mode’ and ‘Boss Rush Mode’ will be available for players alongside the standard game.
- New Levels – Experience new levels which expand the lore of the original.
- Alternative Boss Fights – New and improved boss fight mechanics with more intuitive combat.
- Classic Mode – Experience the original game with boss fights, dialogue, levels and functions remain true to the original Master System version.
- New and remastered music – A wide array of reimagined music tracks as well as remastered tracks from the original classic game!