Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX is out today on PC and consoles, bringing back the classic platformer from the golden era of gaming.
Do you remember Alex Kidd? If you’re old enough to remember playing the built-in SEGA classic when it originally released, today is a special day. For all you young people, it’s “just another sidescroller.”
You uncultured swines.
Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX is out today on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch. It’s budget friendly, too, coming in at just £14.99/$19.99/€19.99, and there’s even an extra 10% launch discount. Can’t argue with that. Unless you’re a millenial, of course… You can argue with anything. But you can’t argue that Alex Kidd isn’t a classic.
To celebrate the old kid returning to the gaming block, Merge Games and developer Jankemteam have put together a retro-inspired trailer. Give it a watch then return to Miracle World.
If you want to see the first 20 minutes of Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX on PS5, check out the video underneath the trailer to have a good laugh at Stuart trying to recapture his youth…
- A Legend Reborn – Dive into a stunning recreation of Alex Kidd in Miracle World with striking new art and tighter, more fluid controls.
- New Modes – New modes such including ‘Classic Mode’ and ‘Boss Rush Mode’ will be available for players alongside the standard game.
- New Levels – Experience new levels which expand the lore of the original.
- Alternative Boss Fights – New and improved boss fight mechanics with more intuitive combat.
- Classic Mode – Experience the original game with boss fights, dialogue, levels and functions remain true to the original Master System version.
- New and remastered music – A wide array of reimagined music tracks as well as remastered tracks from the original classic game!