Fixes, tweaks, and changes galore in Apex Legends Season 10.
Like every season of Apex Legends, Season 10 is being improved with many quality of life changes to weapons and legends to hopefully make the game more balanced. This can have major repercussions for some who thought the legends were fine while others need desperate fixes.
If you’re looking for more about the incredible new legend Seer, the new Rampage weapon as well as other cosmetic news then I suggest you check out our previous coverage as this is strictly all about the Season 10 patch notes.
Quality of life changes
A new badge has been added called Win Streak. Now you can finally show off how amazing you are at getting wins as you challenge yourself in getting 5 wins in a row in the battle royale.
You can now tell your teammates to ‘Hold On’ in response to enemy pings. We all know that one Octane that likes to dash off ahead of the team, now you can finally tell him to hold his horses while you loot. Though let’s be honest here if you’re random queuing I doubt many will listen.
There is now a distinct sound effect to Gold Backpack revives. Now you’ll know if the person you’ve just downed is about to get back up stronger than ever, this will hopefully give players better feedback.
The Heirloom store has been updated so players can have a better view of the items they are looking at. If you’re like me then this will just upset you as I still don’t have an heirloom – great.
Finally, the Open Pack Button has also been updated to show how many packs of each type be it legendary, epic or common, you have left to open. I will probably never get to see this as I always open my packs as soon as I get them., but for players that like to hoard I’m sure it’s fun to show them off.
- Enemies caught inside the ring of fire from Fuse’s Motherload ultimate are now revealed to the team.
- Knuckle Cluster Tactical explosion duration increased by 100%
- Grenadier Passive can be toggled on and off to throw ordnance normally.
- The Slow after Black Hole pull has been reduced.
- Horizon’s gravity lift-up speed has been increased again to be set at a happy medium between the 9.1 and Legacy update.
- There’s now both a visual and audio cue for when Death Totem protection is about to end which can be seen or heard by other players. This is incredibly useful as there have been so many times where my team has been scared to push because of this.
- Added a brief slow to after being recalled to Death Totem, this will hopefully give the other team a chance to push.
- Gas damage starts at 5, increases by 1 every other tick. Caustic has been having a lot of trouble recently as the community argue over if he’s too strong or too weak, all I know is I avoid him at all costs.
- The cooldown of Tactical has been reduced from 25 seconds to 20.
- The ultimate cooldown has also been reduced from 3.5 minutes to 3 minutes. However, the duration has also been reduced from 20 seconds to 15.
Wattson fans are still disappointed as she is yet to have a buff which many argue is highly needed and has only received minor bug fixes this season.
Supply drop rotation – This season sees the Prowler leave the supply drops and has been replaced by the M600 Spitfire. The Alternator SMG shall also be joining the Spitfire in these Supply drops.
Hop Ups –
- Boosted Loader – reloading near empty (not 0) will increase the reload speed and increase the number of bullets the next magazine has. This can be put on the Wingman or the Hemlock Burst AR.
- To make room for many of the changes the Anvil Receiver and Quickdraw holster are being vaulted…for now anyway.
Fully Kitted rotation –
- The Peacekeeper, Rampage, RE-45, Flatline, and Charge Rifle have been added to the rotation of guns which can be found with all modifications.
- However, this means the Wingman, Bocek, R99, Hemlock, and Sentinel and no longer be found in this state and you’ll need to upgrade them yourself.
Magazine Attachments –
Reload speed has been moved from the magazine attachment and is now an increase found with different stock rarities instead.
Stock Attachments –
- As mentioned all stocks now increase reload instead of the magazine.
- Marksman Weapons like the 30-30 Repeater or G7 Scout now take Sniper Stocks instead of Tactical Stocks.
- Sniper Stocks on Marksman weapons will now offer increase stability and reduce sway though this will also slightly reduce the handling bonuses.
Light Machine Guns –
- The headshot multiplier for all LMGS has been reduced from 2.0 to 1.75.
- However, the limb shot multiplier has been increased from 0.75 to 0.85 to counteract this.
- Reduced the handling time for all pistols by 10%, this is to stop the major hit pistols have just taken from removing Quickdraw Holster.
- Holster zoom in or out time has also been raised.
Prowler Burst PDW –
The time between Burst has been increased from 0.2 to 0.24. It has also returned to the floor of Apex Legends with its Select Fire hop up.
M600 Spitfire –
- Damaged has been increased from 18 to 19.
- The Hip Fire Spread has been set back to season 8 pre-nerf values so it should be terrifying to face.
- The Purple Magazine size has increased from 50 to 55, giving you an extra couple of bullets.
Alternator – The Disruptor Rounds have been reintroduced to Apex Legends and will come equipped on the Supply Drop Alternator. The Disruptor Rounds will increase shield damage by 40%. These rounds can only be found in the supply drop.
30-30 Repeater – Reload Speed from using a stock has been increased. This gun is great but the reload speed really was its downfall, hopefully, this changes things.
- The bolt fire-scale scaling has been significantly reduced for each rarity type. This will hopefully make players try out the other shotguns now.
- The base-fire rate has not been altered because of this.
Care package changes also apply to Arenas so you can expect to find the Spitfire or Alternator hiding in those around the map. There have also been price adjustments to many of the guns in-store to better fit how useful the gun is in combat.
Legends abilities have also been updated such as Horizon’s Gravity Lift starting charges have been reduced from 2 to 1, Mirage’s Psyche Out has also been reduced from 3 to 2, as well as Bloodhound’s free scans while in Beast of the Hunt has been reduced from 3 to 2.
Finally, we have hit the end of all the changes you can expect during this season of Apex Legends. If you’re interested in learning about all the necessary and funny bug fixes then you can find them on the Apex website here – right, I’m off to unlock Seer.