There’s a new puzzle game coming to PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch this month, and it’s Archaica: The Path of Light, and it looks like it’s going to be a good’un.
Archaica: Path of Light is an atmospheric puzzle game that has already been released on PC, and at the time of writing, it’s sitting on a ‘Very Positive’ over on Steam, so hopefully the console port is just as good.
The goal for players in Archaica: The Path of Light is to illuminate crystals on a board to enable all lightwells in all Realms. Players will have to manipulate light beams by using mirrors, filters, teleports, feeders, and more.
Players can interact with the world through the re-designed user interface, specifically created to make use of console-based controllers. You’ll be able to move and rotate devices, move the camera to get a better view, and more.
There’s a trailer up above and some key points from the developer down below.
– 54 puzzles and 3 bonus levels.
– 12 unique devices that player can interact with, used to manipulate laser light.
– 12 Achievements to unlock.
– 2 endings.
– Rich and atmospheric storyline and worldbuilding. Story is also presented in an unobtrusive way,
for players who prefer to just solve puzzles.
– At least one optional secret to uncover on each level of the game.
– Atmospheric soundtrack.
– All six realms have their own unique look and atmosphere, like grasslands, deserts, volcanoes and
Archaica: The Path of Light will release on PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch on April 24th, 2020.
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)