Ubisoft has released a massive update for its Assassin’s Creed Odyssey on PS4 today, bringing with it a whole bunch of tweaks and fixes, but also preps the game for the long-awaited Discovery Tour: Greece.
The new update, version 1.50, is out now on PS4 and will run you around 13.3GB of hard drive space, according to Ubisoft. The update, which is available to download and install now, brings a slew of tweaks and bug fixes across all portions of the game. So that’s the main game, the DLC expansions, and even the Story Creator Mode with problems being rectified.
Fair play to Ubisoft for continuing the support for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. Many games get left to rot once they’ve been pushed out the door, but Ubisoft has done a great job at keeping the game updated with new content and fixes. Heck, we’re even getting the Discovery Tour: Greece mode next month, with this update here preparing the game for it.
For those who are unaware, Discovery Tour: Greece, is exactly what it says on the tin. You’ll navigate through the game’s world, but in a completely combat-free fashion, just having a look around and learning what’s what in ancient Greece. It was a featured first implemented in Assassin’s Creed Origins and so it’s nice to see it return with Odyssey.
Sadly, this may be one of the last updates for the game. It’s nearing its final curtain call and what with Watch Dogs Legion just around the corner, I imagine Ubisoft will be doubling down its efforts on polishing one of my favourite games of E3 2019.
Below you’ll find the patch notes for the new update.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Update Version 1.50 PS4 Patch Notes
Patch Sizes & Deployment timings:
Xbox One: 10.8 GB @ 6am UTC | 2am EDT | 8am CEST
PS4: 13.3 GB @ 6am UTC | 2am EDT | 8am CEST
PC: 9.0 GB @ 1pm UTC | 9am EDT | 3pm CEST
Please note that these timings are estimates and subject to change. Check out the most notable changes with 1.5.0 below.
Discovery Tour: Ancient Greece
- Added in-game support for Discovery Tour: Ancient Greece (available in September)
Story Creator Mode
- Addressed an issue where using a free starter within a Group starter would spawn the NPC outside of a cave.
- Addressed an issue where the in-game quest objective could differ from the published objective.
- [PC] Addressed an issue where story info is not centred with a multi-monitor setup.
- Addressed an issue where players could sometimes lose story progression after completing a Story Creator Mode quest.
- Players will have the ability to change sorting options when using filters in See Stories and My Stories.
- Addressed an issue showing the notification „Portal in Proximity” when going between See Stories and Quests.
- Escorts will no longer require your presence after completing the objective they lead to.
- Changes made to balancing of XP and drachmae distribution
The Fate of Atlantis
- Addressed an issue where Heckatonchire could be creeping around in the background after defeating it during a cutscene with Poseidon.
- Addressed an issue where Ampheres voiceover changed from Italian to Portuguese in Rebel Scum.
- A glitch in the Animus has been addressed and the proper loading screen will now be displayed transitioning to Modern day after Labors of the Keeper.
- Hades decided you’re worthy of his time for a hot second, allowing you to complete Labors of the Keeper.
- Addressed an issue where players couldn’t confirm the polemarch kill in the Fortified Doma of Autochthonos
- Addressed an issue in A Complete Education where players were unable to complete the quest. Not complete enough, hmm?
- Hermes is trying to ignore his paranoia and will now move along in “The Keeper and Key Maker”.
- Addressed an issue during The Keeper and Kyros where Kyros decided to be lazy instead of showing off his physical prowess by walking to the next objective.
- Player’s Knowledge level will now reset on a NG+ walkthrough.
- Addressed an issue where players could receive the artefacts from defeating the mythical creatures without having fought them. -nothing in life comes for free, misthios
- Aiantides can be found when trying to set him free during The Favour.
- Addressed an issue where cultists were shown as alive even though their kill was confirmed already. -There’s no White Walkers in Greece you know.
- Barnabas double-checked the Adrestia’s manifest, removing the ability to duplicate the Hero’s Sword. -someone is swimming with the sharks tonight
- Addressed an issue where some lieutenants wouldn’t spawn on the Adrestia.
- Addressed an issue where players couldn’t hear sea shanties when placing the camera behind the ship.
- NPCs following players will get back on the horse after a conflict with animals.
- Addressed an issue which prevented players from continuing their Odyssey if they fell under the map, in the Foreman’s room.
- Addressed several instances where players were unable to collect Ostraka.
- After using harass and assassinate with Ikaros, enemies will no longer remain frozen in terror. -everyone’s got something
- Wolves will now appear during the Bare it All quest.
- The caretaker will allow you to escort them in Full Circle.
- Addressed an issue in Escape from Athens where a cutscene wouldn’t be triggered upon arriving on the island of Seriphos
- Loading times have decreased when fast traveling to the Adrestia after completing Every Story Has An Ending.
- All targets killed have been accounted for in A New Lease on Death, allowing progression to continue.
- Diona will now follow and interact with players during the I, Diona quest.
- After sorting through her feelings, Myrrine would like you to accompany her in “Home Sweet Home.
- Addressed an issue that caused mythical creatures to be misplaced after the loading screen.
- After players are attacked in To Be Nobody, Polyphemos will open his eye and follow you now.
- The NPC in “Follow that Boat” realized they do need your help and will update the quest now.
- Alkibiades’s friend has chosen a destination in Attika after the ambush during Across the Border- talk about free-roaming
Graphics, Audio & animations
- Corrected a variety of graphical anomalies.
- Addressed an issue with the Lion helmet visuals that were missing in the transmog menu.
- Addressed some translation error with CRIT while Low/full health in the Portuguese localization.
- Corrected a displayed text error.
- Players will no longer be able to unintentionally dismantle some legendary items.
- Removed the chest icon during instances they cannot be looted.
- Players will no longer be able to sell items from the Helios item pack.
Abilities, Engravings & Perks
- [PC] Addressed an issue causing the Rain of Arrows effect to be pixelated.
- The “Bare Chested and Oiled” Armor will now have consistent engraving.
- Addressed an issue where the “All Resistance” engraving would give unexpected perks.
- Addressed an issue preventing Legendary Blacksmith Armor from being engraved.
- Addressed an issue preventing Critical Chance from being applied to AoE Hunter abilities.
Achievements, Trophies & Ubisoft Club
- The Blasphemer Trophy will unlock after meeting the requirements.
- [PC] Addressed instances of an issue that prevented Uplay achievements from unlocking.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)