By heaven’s, here we are once again writing about another update for Assassin’s Creed Origins. And once again it packs a punch; much more than a measly nip and tuck. From the patch notes that accompany update 1.4, it is clear that the patch’s main function is to lay the foundations in preparation for next week’s expansion, The Curse of the Pharaohs.
But that’s not all. There is also a new quest to keep our hero Bayek busy for a while longer. And a new reward should you complete the entire catalogue of tours in Discovery Mode (75 tours in total). Now there’s an incentive to do something ‘educational’.
The quest is anticipated to act as a precursor to the expansion, and is due to drop sometime today alongside the new hard mode for Trials of the Gods. But the reward for the tours is unspecified in the patch notes, though we expect it will be a new set of rags or the like.
In total, this latest patch for Assassin’s Creed Origins is 3GB in size and does include a number of bug fixes, including one that threatened to slow your mount down as though it were running in quick sand.
The complete patch notes read as:
- Added support for the “The Curse of the Pharaohs” expansion
- Added a reward to the main game for completing the Discovery Tour – finish all 75 guided tours to find out what that reward is.
- Fixed an issue blocking the quest “Homecoming” from progressing when Hypatos is knocked down by a blunt weapon
- Fixed an issue where the Discovery Tour progress could be lost after reinstalling the base game without patching to the latest version
- Fixed an issue that could limit the speed of a mount in all areas
The Hidden Ones
- Removed the possibility of selling the Mysterious Papyrus at the Bureau
- Fixed an issue preventing the “Kill Sefetu’s archers” objective from completing in the quest “All Eyes on Us”
- Fixed an issue preventing the player from giving the amulet to complete the quest “A Dream of Ashes”
- Fixed an issue with mounts appearing in the fight ring during the quest “Lady of Slaughter”
- Improved enemies reactions to observing a Chain Assassination
- Added the possibility of parrying with the shield while carrying a torch
- Changed the description of the Hou Yi’s Bow to indicate that it has Poison on Hit ability instead of Instant Charging
- Fixed the displayed Player Level on a save game which could drop back to 40 after uninstalling an add-on
- Fixed an issue preventing Camp Shetjeh from completing
- Fixed an issue preventing the Gracious Attire from appearing in Weaver Shops
- Fixed an issue with Phylakes that would stop spawning
- Fixed an issue preventing the playable character from leaving the Krocodilopolis arena after performing a Fast Travel
- Fixed an issue preventing the playable character from controlling mounts of assassinated NPCs
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the output of any sound when resuming the game after being inactive.
- Improved overall stability of the game application
Are you still captivated by the sandy charms of Assassin’s Creed Origins? Walk like an Egyptian to the comments below and let us know.
Living life one Batmobile chase at a time. When she’s not writing about video games, she’s writing terrible jokes that even a Christmas cracker would be embarrassed to share.