Varsav Game Studios, the developer behind the upcoming Bee Simulator, has announced today that it will be partnering with France-based publisher BIGBEN to bring Bee Simulator to PS4. The announcement confirms that the game will release digitally, and with the help of BIGBEN, it’ll be getting a physical release worldwide.
According to the developer, it has been on the hunt for a publisher partner for the last few months in order to get the support needed to make Bee Simulator bigger and better, and to deliver a retail edition for those who are not too keen on digital purchases.
There is still no release date for Bee Simulator but Varsav Game Studios states that the game will release simultaneously on PC and consoles, including PS4, later this year. However, the Steam page for the game says “End of 2019”, but we will have to wait and see.
But what is Bee Simulator? If you missed the initial announcement last year, the announce trailer is up above and there’s a basic breakdown down below, courtesy of developer Varsav Game Studios.
Bee Simulator is a friends and family game that will allow you to see the world through the eyes of a honey bee. Compete with other bees in races, collect pollen, perform waggle dances, and explore a world inspired by Central Park in New York. Play it with your family or friends, choosing between three modes, including co-op and vs. split-screen.
- A unique chance to see the macro scale world from the micro perspective of a honeybee;
- A realistic representation of a place inspired by Central Park;
- Three diverse modes enriched with educational elements:
- Single-player story mode presents you with a family of bees. Can you save the hive from the threat of human beings?
- Exploration mode allows you to freely discover a world inspired by Central Park in New York.
- Split-screen mode can either be used for cooperation or competition. It includes an additional map that makes the game even more fascinating.
- The possibility to interact with your surroundings: people, animals, plants, and other insects;
- A lack of violence – it’s a perfect choice for parents looking for a game that their children can safely play;
- Relaxing music composed by Mikołaj Stroiński, who was responsible for the soundtrack of such games as The Witcher 3 and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.
Source: Varsav Game Studios PR
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)