Belgian developer Warcave has announced today that it will be bringing its brand new turn-based RPG, Black Legend, to PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch next year, although an exact date is not yet decided.
Black Legend is a turn-based RPG set in a dark fantasy world inspired by folklore and stories from 17th century Belgium and the Netherlands.
Warcave has been kind enough to provide us with the game’s announcement trailer as well as a gallery of screenshots which you can see down below.
You will lead a band of mercenaries into the cursed city of Grant, a metropolis shrouded in a deadly fog that inflicts madness upon anyone in its path. Using steel, alchemy, and close-quarter tactics, you will battle a deadly cult of fanatics and devout followers of the great alchemist Mephisto, who have taken control of the city.
As you explore Grant, you’ll piece together stories from survivors, discover new equipment and classes for your team, and delve into many locations during your quest to discover how to stop the city’s curse from spreading.
Black Legend Features:
- Strategy-Focused Gameplay: Approach each combat with a tactical focus, where unit placement, ability combos, and well-chosen attacks are key to survival. Black Legend focuses on old school strategy vibes, but without the 95% percent chance misses.
- Explosive Combos: Mix up your ranged and melee combat by using alchemy for a wide array of explosive effects. Combine stacks of four different alchemic attacks to injure, poison, and debilitate your foes, but be warned, they will do the same to you.
- Extensive Character Customization: Build your mercenary band with a wide array of classes, each with unique abilities. Improve each of your mercenaries with new weapons, armor, and trinkets, and create your own ability sets by equipping cross-class abilities.
- Choose Your Difficulty: For those who wish to see the story, the path can be gentle. For those who wish for difficulty, even the slightest mistake will be greatly punished.
- Historic Enemies: Black Legend fills the city of Grant with creatures from Belgian, Dutch, and German folklore like nekkers, Halewijn, Witte Wieven and Old Red Eyes.
- An Engaging Story: Dive into the narrative through environmental storytelling, colorful NPCs, and rich set pieces.
- An Entire City to Explore: Free-exploration lets you investigate the many alleys and streets in the city of Grant. Different districts host a wide variety of architecture and environments — you never know where you’ll discover a hidden path, a treasure trove of new items, hidden quest, or recruitable character.
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)