Bloober Team and Lionsgate have today announced Blair Witch will be heading to VR screens, starting with Blair Witch: Oculus Quest Edition, which is a brand new version of the Blair Witch story built or VR.
The Oculus Quest edition will release on October 29th, 2020 – just in time for some Halloween thrills. The cost? $29.99.
The press release notes that the game will also release on other VR headsets in the future, so it’s likely we’ll see a PSVR release at some point down the line.
The Blair Witch story has been rebuilt for the Oculus Quest platform to offer a uniquely immersive and horrifying VR experience. With environments redesigned for more interactivity and accommodate new creature encounters. In addition, there is a new control system and mechanics for your canine companion, Bullet – give him a treat right out of your hand, pet him at any time, and even play fetch! Players can enjoy a 360 immersive experience in the Black Hills Forest.
- New ways to interact with your sidekick, Bullet
- Newly-designed interactive environments to immerse you in terror
- Catch, throw, and stack objects that you find throughout the woods
- Map out your theories with an interactive marker to draw on paper and other objects
- Drawers, doors, gates, and car trunk open at your touch in your investigation
- Snap branches with your hands
- Operate handles and buttons and unlock doors with keys and codes plan escapes
- New control system optimized for horrifying VR gameplay
- Eerie new sounds and spine-chilling in-game events to surprise and scare players
- Additional encounters with the mysterious forces that lurk in the forest