Bloober Team and Lionsgate have today announced Blair Witch will be heading to VR screens, starting with Blair Witch: Oculus Quest Edition, which is a brand new version of the Blair Witch story built or VR.
The Oculus Quest edition will release on October 29th, 2020 – just in time for some Halloween thrills. The cost? $29.99.
The press release notes that the game will also release on other VR headsets in the future, so it’s likely we’ll see a PSVR release at some point down the line.
The Blair Witch story has been rebuilt for the Oculus Quest platform to offer a uniquely immersive and horrifying VR experience. With environments redesigned for more interactivity and accommodate new creature encounters. In addition, there is a new control system and mechanics for your canine companion, Bullet – give him a treat right out of your hand, pet him at any time, and even play fetch! Players can enjoy a 360 immersive experience in the Black Hills Forest.
- New ways to interact with your sidekick, Bullet
- Newly-designed interactive environments to immerse you in terror
- Catch, throw, and stack objects that you find throughout the woods
- Map out your theories with an interactive marker to draw on paper and other objects
- Drawers, doors, gates, and car trunk open at your touch in your investigation
- Snap branches with your hands
- Operate handles and buttons and unlock doors with keys and codes plan escapes
- New control system optimized for horrifying VR gameplay
- Eerie new sounds and spine-chilling in-game events to surprise and scare players
- Additional encounters with the mysterious forces that lurk in the forest
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)