Looking to get into shape but can’t be arsed getting your flabby arse to the gym? I know the feeling. Thankfully there is a solution, and it’s one that I personally swear by: BoxVR for PSVR!
If you missed out on the original release earlier this year because you’re a Luddite who doesn’t believe in digital games (it’s fair enough,) then you can pick up BoxVR at retail later this year, as developer FitXR has partnered with Perp Games to get a physical edition out onto store shelves.
Our Jeremy Peterson reviewed BoxVR earlier this year and only had good things to say about it. Based on his glowing review, and my need to move my fat arse in a direction that didn’t involve the fridge, I bought the game. It’s not really a game so much as a digital gym membership. It really does get a sweat brewing and it’s a great tool for getting active without having to invest in running shoes.
The PlayStation VR retail version of BoxVR comes with the same high energy features previously released digitally including:
- Workouts by Fitness Experts – A team of leading fitness instructors are regularly consulted to produce a variety of revolving boxing workouts, specifically designed to destroy calories. From short three-minute warmups to 60+ minute endurance workouts, players will find everything needed to get their heart rates going;
- Custom Routines – My Workouts mode allows players to create as many custom routines as they want, controlling the length of their workout by building playlists from the 110 included music tracks, and adjusting the intensity of any routine;
- Exercise Partners – Getting in a workout can be easier with motivation from a buddy, so BOXVR supports multiplayer, allowing up to six people to tackle the same workout together, and see who can lock in the top score;
- Trackable Progress – Every workout is recorded, so players can track calories burned over time and see their progression made towards set goals;
- Musical Motivation – Over 100 different music tracks are available to customize the energy and tone of a workout, spanning genres including pop, rock, electronic dance music, drum and bass, hip hop, and more.
BoxVR will release in North American retailers on October 25th, 2019, for $29.99. You will need a PSVR headset to play and you’ll also need a pair of PS Move wand controllers. It’s cheaper than a gym membership!
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)