Teravision Games has announced a brand new first-person shooter for PSVR, Oculus, and Steam VR, and it’s Captain Toonhead vs the Punks from Outer Space. A bit of a mouthful, sure, but it’s worth a look if you’re after something a little different to fill your VR time with.
Captain Toonhead is a first-person shooter and a tower defence game where the fate of humanity is at stake, and it’s your job to pull us back from the brink with Captain Toonhead taking the starring role in the battle against Earth’s last dictator, Nikolas Voorhees and his army of evil minions.
“Captain Toonhead started with a fantasy,” said Enrique Fuentes, CEO of Teravision Games. “How awesome would it feel to experience a tower defence if you were fighting waves of enemies from the front lines, in first-person — while fully immersed in VR?”
“It was very important to us to make something genuine to who we are as developers,” added Fuentes, “so we didn’t shy away from including some Latin American elements like our super-powerful chancla and a piñata-launching tower. Even our hero was designed to be a true reflection of us and our love for geek culture. All of us here at Teravision Games are ‘toonheads’, and hopefully we created something that many other toonheads out there will enjoy.”
Captain Toonhead Key Features:
- Experience a blend of FPS and Tower Defense in Virtual Reality: Fight at the front lines while strategically placing upgradable towers and blasting away foes.
- Harness an Outlandish Arsenal: Wield a weaponized chancla, dual blasters, and controllable towers with unique firepower like electrified pizza or a lethal piñata blitz.
- Rescue, Upgrade, and Overcome: Complete missions to rescue Enercubes that can be assigned to permanent offensive and defence upgrades for future battles.
- Take Down an Army of Punks: Faceoff against a ridiculous lineup of enemies including terra-sharks, cyberchickens, and T-Rexes, which can all spawn with a variety of perks like jetpacks, explosive care packages, and healing bots.
- Become the Greatest Hero: Replay past missions with purchased upgrades to unlock achievements and master each stage.
There’s no release date as of yet for Captain toonhead but the press release mentions that the game will release on all applicable platforms in 2021.
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)