Remember that really cool fishing game I wrote about a while back? Catch & Release, a fishing game that wants you to do nothing more than kick back on the water, catch some fish, listen to some tunes, and generally have a good time.
Back when I originally wrote that article, Catch & Release did not have a release date. It still doesn’t, mind you, at least not for the PSVR. It’ll be releasing on June 7th for PCVR headsets, but the PSVR release isn’t too far away. According to the developers, Catch & Release will be coming to the PSVR this summer. Yeah, it’s a little vague but it’s better than nothing. #
While the game certainly looks to be the embodiment of chill, there’s more to it for those that want it. Here’s a quick breakdown of the game’s features, courtesy of Metricminds, the game’s developer:
- The Boat – Use the unique rowing mechanics to find the best fishing spots and explore the beautiful environment.
- The Fishing Rod – Throw the line out and attract a fish – Your interactive fishing rod offers you full control, with different bait and lures and haptic feedback.
- The Shop – Sell your fish and buy new gear and items in the in-game shop!
- Fishing – Catch the biggest fish, fight to reel them in, but don’t let them snap the line and escape! You’ll need strategy and finesse to tire them out if you want to make the greatest catch!
- Secrets – Find trash or treasure. The lake hides more than just fish!
- Music – Over 30 commercial tracks that have been specially curated for Catch & Release playing on the in-game boat radio. Licensed by Flip Entertainment, the tracks were selected to enhance the in-game music with a non-standard selection aimed at improving the overall immersive experience.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)