Torn Banner Studios, Tripwire Presents, and Deep Silver have announced today via presser that Chivalry 2 will be releasing on June 8th, 2021 for PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One.
PC players will have the chance to get an early look at the game by way of a closed beta that’s taking place between March 26th and March 29th across all platforms.
Console pre-orders are not yet available, but we do at least have an idea as to how much the game will cost. On PC, the standard edition is $39.99/€39.99/£34.99, while the Special Edition is $49.99/€49.99/£44.99, so it’s fair to expect the console versions to be close to those prices, though final confirmation will be coming soon.
Pre-ordering the regular edition of the game will bag you the Royal Zweihänder weapon skin, while pre-ordering the Special Edition will grant you a little more by way of digital goodies. You’ll get the Agatha Jousting Knight Armor and Royal Broadsword, the Mason Jousting Knight Armor, the Gold Horseman’s Axe, the Roses novelty item, and more.
Again, console pre-order details and incentives are not yet confirmed, but it’s likely console players will get the same or similar pre-order bonuses.
“Our dev team has been firing on all cylinders to create the best medieval combat game imaginable,” said Torn Banner Founder, Steve Piggott. “Chivalry 2 is going to be everything fans of the first title dreamed of and so much more – from a combat system rebuilt from the ground up, to massive upgrades in scale and visuals.”
“We continue to be impressed with the craftsmanship and creativity from our partners at Torn Banner Studios,” said John Gibson, CEO and Co-owner at publisher Tripwire Interactive. “They’ve crafted something very special with Chivalry 2, building the groundwork for a game that will allow players to experience epic medieval battles across all five major gaming platforms for years to come.”
Scheduled to begin on March 26th and running through March 29th for PC (via Epic Games Store) PlayStation®4, PlayStation®5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S Console Systems, the Chivalry 2 Cross-Play Closed Beta event will offer fans the chance to experience the ultimate medieval battlefield ahead of its global multiplatform June 8th launch.
- Cross-Play Across All Platforms: Cross-Play smashes the boundaries between PC and console, allowing players to face-off on the battlefield together, regardless of platform.
- Size Matters: Experience the chaos of epic medieval battlefields, charge forth to the frontlines of battle, and experience true mass-scale combat supporting up to 64-players designed to capture the intensity and scope of “The Battle of the Bastards” from Game of Thrones.
- Master Blade, Bow, or… Chicken: Your arsenal expands with the new subclass system that provides more variety than ever before. Four base classes expand to 12 subclasses, including the Skirmisher, a melee/ranged hybrid – to the Poleman, a fighter who keeps foes at bay with long-distance melee.
- The World is Your Weapon: Own the field with a variety of heavy siege engines including Ballistae, Catapults, Trebuchet, Battering Rams, Mantlets, Spike Traps, Ladders and more. Utilize traps to defend, including spikes, bear traps, and more. You can even deal damage with a smorgasbord of “found items” on the battlefield. Try downing a cup of mead and deal a killing blow with the empty chalice or finish off a foe by smashing him in the face with a flaming chicken!
- New Map – The Siege of Rudhelm: In the first public hands-on of Chivalry 2 since PAX East 2020, experience the return of the fan-favorite Team Objective mode and join attacking or defending teams as 64-players vie for control of a well-fortified castle in a never-before-seen map.
- Many Modes: In addition to Team Objective mode, closed beta participants can also sharpen their skills in a variety of other modes, including Team Deathmatch and Free-for-All.