Patch 1.07 is now available for F1 2019, bringing with it a few much needed fixes to the single seater racer. Some of those mentioned in the patch notes below are destined for the PC build, but all in all, each format is well catered for. Especially as all the tracks are finally up to date in their realism.
I’m of course talking about the Paul Ricard (French GP) circuit, which still featured last year’s pit entry design and not that which is being used from this year. Something that was proposed by the track’s caretakers a year ago, but which must have occurred too late for Codemasters to patch in before launch (remember, this year’s game was released two months earlier than normal).
Still, it’s an update that many doubted we’d get, so that’s a positive at least.
Just in case you didn’t know, the change in the pit entry’s positioning is quite a drastic one. Rather than being on the pit straight, after the last turn, it instead sits before that final corner at Turn 14. The redesign comes after driver criticism at the 2018 French Grand Prix and sees you enter without a tight right-left turn.
Take note that the safety car 1 line has also moved, though the pit limit of 60km/h remains.
Elsewhere, the super fast helicopters, which proved quite a distraction in the skies above, have had their speeds reduced to a far more realistic level. And F2 tyres will have the correct temperature at the start of one-run qualifying.
The full patch notes for F1 2019 update 1.07 are:
- League AI difficulty now goes up to 110
- F2 cars will no longer start sprint races or one-shot qualifying with cold tyres
- F1 setups can no longer be applied to F2 cars
- Grid penalties now apply correctly after taking new parts out-with the initial allocation between qualifying and race
- France pitlane has been updated for the 2019 season
- Cars are now less cautious of unsafe releases in the pitlane
- Nvidia Deep Learning Super Sampling (DLSS) and AMD FidelityFX Upscaling and FidelityFX Sharpening are now available as Anti-Aliasing options on applicable devices
- HDR is now selectable when running in DX12 on PC
- Report codes are now shown on the pause menu in all game modes
- Stopped players on Xbox One from being able to invite to Ranked sessions by using Party Chat
- Reduced GPU usage in the front end
- F2 wet tyres will now have a longer life
- Helicopters are no longer flying at increased speeds
- Various other fixes and stability improvements
Living life one Batmobile chase at a time. When she’s not writing about video games, she’s writing terrible jokes that even a Christmas cracker would be embarrassed to share.