Polish development house, The Moonwalls, is bringing something a little strange and different to PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC later this year, and it’s called Commander ’85.
The premise is this: It’s the 80’s, you’ve got a bad haircut and a striped t-shirt. The Killers haven’t even been born yet, so music doesn’t matter. Pure PlayStation hasn’t been made yet, but that’s OK, because PlayStation isn’t a thing yet. Commander is, though, and it’s a video-game console that you’ve received for your birthday. The Commander is a state-of-the-art computer that has real artificial intelligence. Aaaand that’s it.
The developers are holding back on details in order to keep an air of mystery about the game, but they have told us that the plot will deal with military experiments, the Roswell incident, nuclear war, and artificial intelligence.
According to the developers, the game will have hundreds of different possibilities through each playthrough, and there are many random sidequests and several different endings, all depending on how you play the game.
Commander ’85 is set to release on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC this autumn, though there’s no solid release date at this time. We do have a nifty trailer up above, though, so give that a watch, then check out the screenshots gallery down below, and then get on your BMX and go on an adventure. Or not. Stay home, actually. There are minging germs outside. Huh, Monk was right…
- Historical setting featuring the culture and technology of the 1980s. Includes various Easter eggs and nostalgic references.
- Innovative artificial intelligence system affected by every choice and decision, which allows for various plot twists and different endings.
- Randomly generated plot points and elements of the player’s surroundings make every adventure interesting and exciting.
- Numerous additional tasks and optional activities further vary the gameplay each time.
- Radio stations created especially for the game – with programs, commercials, and music, to help really immerse you in the atmosphere of the times.
- Numerous games and programs you can install, run and delete from the Commander.
- Graphics inspired by VHS recordings, with additional sequences in the style of period-specific movies.