Update 1.03 for Tekken 7 reduces the amount of time you find yourself waiting for an opponent in online match making. After all, you wouldn’t want to turn into a pumpkin, would you?
The patch is now live in Europe but is yet to receive a launch date for North America. It is 740MB in size, and in addition to the “speed dating”, also removes the limit imposed on the number of revenge matches you can have against the same opponent. Your enemies needn’t become friends again; grudges are for life not just for Christmas!
And despite it not being mentioned in the list of changes below, Katsuhiro Harada said that input lag has now been addressed.
Full patch notes are:
Improvements and Changes
- Improved match makings in Online modes – Now it takes less time to find an opponent in Online modes.
- Improved usability in Player Match – Now the game offers more opportunities for players to navigate through the menu in Player Match sessions. This change should allow players to leave sessions more easily.
- Adjusted the restriction of the revenge match in Ranked Match – Now players can have unlimited revenge matches with the same opponent in Ranked Match.
- Fixed a revenge match related issue – Fixed an issue where an opponent’s character and name are sometimes changed upon having revenge matches.
- Made some sound volume adjustments in Jukebox – Adjusted the BGM volume in Jukebox for Tekken 1, Tekken 2, Tekken 3, and Tekken 4.
- Made some color adjustments to certain Customization items – This is to fix an issue where players can set certain color values (Black) to certain items in a way that was not originally intended by the dev.
- Adjusted Leo’s Character Customization – Fixed an issue where Leo’s upper body disappears when equipping certain items.
- Game design adjustments – Adjusted some behaviors in the game regarding certain character’s moves.
- Game design adjustments – Fixed an issue where some characters’ throw moves don’t properly reflect Rage state.
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Living life one Batmobile chase at a time. When she’s not writing about video games, she’s writing terrible jokes that even a Christmas cracker would be embarrassed to share.