Cyberpunk 2077’s Next Update Has Been Delayed, Patch 1.2 Now Penned For March

Cyberpunk 2077 is a game heavily reliant on patches right now – especially if it’s to ever get back into the PlayStation Store. However, with its next big update delayed, it’s hard to predict when that return is likely. And even if it’s going to happen at all…

If you’ve stood by Cyberpunk 2077, you should know that it was due another big update soon. However, Patch 1.2 has now been delayed and isn’t due to drop until the second half of March, at the earliest. This is the latest in a long line of disappointments from the game – apparently caused by the team’s lofty ambitions for the patch coupled with circumstances beyond their control – and simply prolongs the agony for those of us who are trying to see its potential.

All I can say is, will anything ever start to go right for Night City?

The news broke on Twitter, as do most things these days, with a post informing us that the intended February release for the update had been missed. This may not come as a big surprise for many – given we’re almost at the end of the month and their recent hacking drama. But it’s still painful to see in black and white.

Peep this:  Pure PlayStation Plays: Week 279

The Tweets read:

While we dearly wanted to deliver Patch 1.2 for Cyberpunk 2077 in the timespan we detailed previously, the recent cyber attack on the studio’s IT infrastructure and extensive scope of the update mean this unfortunately will not happen — we’ll need some additional time.

Our goal for Patch 1.2 goes beyond any of our previous updates. We’ve been working on numerous overall quality improvements and fixes, and we still have work to do to make sure that’s what you get. With that in mind, we’re now aiming for release in the second half of March.

It’s not the news we enjoy sharing, but we want to make sure we launch this update properly. Stay tuned for more information as the time draws closer. Thank you for your continued patience and support.

So, with that in mind, there’s little else for us to do than simply wait another three to four weeks (and possibly find a few more bugs for them to work on). Let’s just hope it’s worth it after all this, though, and doesn’t delay the PlayStation 5’s native release too much.

Source: Twitter

Previous Article

Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood Update 1.04 Patch Notes

Next Article

Mortal Shell: Enhanced Edition Brings 4K 60FPS Slaying to PS5

Related Posts
Manage Cookie Settings