Merge Games and the Italian based development team Antab Studio have announced that the upcoming third-person action-shooter Foreclosed is in development for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and PC. Foreclosed will deliver visceral cyberpunk action with a comic book aesthetic in 2021.
Alongside this already fantastic news, Merge is happy to reveal an all-new deep dive into Foreclosed hosted by the team over at Antab Studio. In the video, you’ll learn about some of the game’s music and programming, unique gameplay mechanics, implants, inspirations and more. This is a never-before-seen look into the inner workings of Foreclosed.
Foreclosed is a striking display of narrative-driven action where the player takes control of brain implant abilities, hi-tech weaponry, and a diverse skill tree system. Visually, it takes inspiration from the Deux Ex and Max Payne games along with Frank Miller’s graphic novel Hard Boiled, bringing a vibrant sci-fi setting to life with interactive cutscenes and transitions inspired by graphic novels.
- Slick Cyberpunk Action – Foreclosed blends a striking comic book aesthetic alongside high-octane, cyberpunk infused action gameplay.
- Hi-tech Combat – Modify your Symbiotic Pistol with an assortment of customisations including “Machine-Gun” mode and explosive rounds.
- Firmware Upgrades – Discover and unlock brain implant abilities with an RPG-like skill system
- Interactive Comic Book – Everything from gameplay to cinematics are experienced within the stylistic framework of a graphic novel to make you truly feel like a comic book hero.
- Original Story – Follow the story of Evan Kapnos, his identity recently Foreclosed, stripped of his job, brain implants and access to the city Blockchain. He must now escape the city before his identity and implants are auctioned off…
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)