Destructive Games, All In! Games, Meridiem Games and developer Invader Studios has announced today that Daymare: 1998 will be getting a physical release on PS4, and that it’ll be releasing on April 28th, 2020.
The retail release brings an exclusive edition of the old-school third-person horror/survival game, and it’s Daymare: 1998 The Black Edition, which comes in a premium case and includes some extra goodies, like character cards and stickers. Proper 1998 style, then.
ABOUT DAYMARE: 1998
Daymare: 1998 is a third-person survival horror game with hardcore survival mechanics and unyielding enemies. It requires a strategic approach to combat and puzzles and offers a multi-character perspective of the story, revealing deep and obscure lore. Follow the steps of an elite soldier, a helicopter pilot, and a forest ranger as they play out their roles in an event that transforms one peaceful small town into a dead zone and its citizens into bloodthirsty monsters. Take the creatures down first, and then look for any clues or evidence that you can piece together to make sense of the chaos. Keep track of your inventory, as resources will be scarce! Anything can happen when your daymares become real.
DAYMARE: 1998 KEY FEATURES
- Discover the truth through different angles thanks to a multi-character POV
- Shoot your way out of hordes of fearsome enemies, featuring lifelike animations and dismemberment
- Take advantage of a realistic HUD that helps you to keep track of your inventory, health, and the position of a given piece of equipment
- Solve environmental puzzles and look for clues to find your way around
- Travel back in time with classic survival mechanics: limited ammo and save points, backtracking, collectibles, tough enemies, and more
- Experience the ’90s – the game is an homage to the era, with tons of references
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)