Days Gone has been well supported post-launch by additional content. But today’s patch isn’t so much about what it adds as about what it takes away. That’s because the team at Bend have managed to further optimise the title, which results in a reduction in file size.
So by the time you’ve downloaded this latest 30gb update, it’ll all be smaller than it was before you switched on your console. Magic or what!
Obviously, we can’t say for sure whether this “optimisation” comes at the expense of quality. However, I doubt they’d make changes that would negatively affect how the game plays just to shave of a few excess ‘bytes. It’s probably just a result of clever coders, who’ve whittled away all the unnecessary ones and naughts until we’re only left with the bare minimum.
A bit like when you get rid of the books on your bookshelf just to make room for more games…
Meanwhile, that’s not all this latest patch does. In fact, there are a few new fixes that will undoubtedly improve our overall experience. A certain mission bounty is now attainable after it had proven elusive for some, challenge scoring has been made more precise and traps have been reset.
But that’s enough of me jabbering on – the entire original patch notes read as:
A reminder that all the DLC challenges we released are planned to stay unlocked indefinitely.
- The mission “Better to Light One Candle” bounty should able be obtained properly
- General optimization towards certain missions
- Scoring will properly apply when utilizing oxygen tanks in the “Reloaded” Challenge
- The mission “The Anarchist Spy” will properly reset traps if you fail the mission
- The mission “Out of Nowhere” helicopter’s light are been fixed
- General optimization prior to playing before the game fully downloads
- General improvements to optimization and stability
Complied Download File for all our Players
With the 1.61 Patch Update, players will see a larger patch size. For Digital players, you will have the option redownload the full Days Gone client which free up some hard-drive space
at a future date (this option is available now!). This update will bring optimization improvements to all our players. This will be a ONE-time download.
This update should be deployed across all regions so download it today!