Days Gone developer Sony Bend has released its latest update for its open-world zombie-fest. The latest update, version 1.08, is available to download and install now. I highly recommend you nab it as soon as you can if you haven’t already. It’s a handy update that fixes some big issues with the game’s progression, as well as a few niggling bugs that have been driving some players mad since release. Not our Kyle, mind you, he’s in love with the game. But others. Ahem, Stuart and Max.
The developer has also announced that it will be slowing down the number of patches that are released, but will instead offer bigger, more meaningful updates that add more fixes, features, and optimisations with each update.
Here are the Days Gone 1.08 update patch notes:
- Fixed an issue where players wouldn’t be able to save, fast travel, or pause after triggering the cinematic to “I’ve Had Better Days”
- Fixed the issue that prevented players from completing “Afraid of a Little Competition?”. Players may need to move as far back to where the Bounty Collector Merchant resides and return to the mission objective to trigger the cinematic.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to complete “Searching For Lisa”. Players that were impacted will now see the Mission Complete screen.
- Overall improvements have been made to streaming and performance
- Audio desync issue during cinematics have been resolved
- Auto-save function will now save the correct number of saves to your save cloud account
- With this update, we did not delete any of your current auto-saves. You can go into (Settings)>[Application Saved Data Management]>[Auto-Upload] to manage you auto-saves for Days Gone
- The game should no longer crash when attempting to overwrite the oldest auto-save
- Patch updates now retain your Difficulty settings
- Fixed various bugs and miscellaneous crashes