Sold Out and Bohemia Interactive have announced today that they’ll be releasing a physical edition of DayZ worldwide on PS4 and Xbox One next month, quite some time after the game’s initial release back in June of this year.
The physical edition will be available to buy at retail from October 15th, 2019, though you can pre-order your copy from the likes of Amazon, GameStop, Target and Best Buy from today. In the UK, you’ll be able to pick it up wherever games are sold, generally speaking.
“We’re thrilled to be bringing the DayZ experience to so many more players on PS4 and Xbox One this October,” said Sarah Hoeksma, Marketing Director at Sold Out. “As one of the original online survival games, DayZ is a tense and thrilling title that has already seen millions of players across the globe team up with others – or betray them – to survive the open world of Chernarus.”
- Use any means necessary to survive a hostile open world for as long as possible.
- Explore the authentic open world of Chernarus, featuring 230 square kilometres of hand-crafted terrain based on real-life locations.
- Become immersed in a tense experience driven by the emergent interactions of 60 players on a single server, each fighting for survival.
- Experience a wide variety of complex survival mechanics, from hunting and crafting, through to sophisticated injury simulation and transferable diseases.
- Survive against environmental dangers, including the infected, dynamic weather, and animal predators.
- Intense, authentic gun combat and close quarters melee systems.
- Persistent servers with a complex loot economy and the ability to build improvised bases.
I had the misfortune of reviewing DayZ earlier this year on PS4, and I really didn’t enjoy my time with it at all. The premise is amazing and the concept works well on PC, but something got lost in the translation to PS4 and instead of being a smooth port, it ended up a technical nightmare. For my in-depth thoughts on DayZ, check out my review through here.
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)