Excited for more Doctor Who? Doctor Who? Doctor Who? Rubbish joke, I know, but I had to make it.
If you haven’t clicked away in disgust then you’ll be happy to know the developers behind the recently revealed Doctor Who: The Edge of Time have released four brand new videos showing off some of their work. Unfortunately we’re not seeing proper in-depth gameplay, but it’s something.
The developer diaries give us a look at some of the classic enemies that the Doctor will be facing in the upcoming adventure which is due out on PSVR and other virtual reality headsets this September.
There are a total of four videos down below, as well as a ‘Fun Fact’s list that the PR team have sent over. Direct your peepers downwards and enjoy.
- The weeping angels utilise a classic horror game mechanic, so the team have been excited to work with them.
- Daleks in VR are incredibly imposing. Getting up close to them, seeing the textures of the metal and reflectivity are awe-inspiring (in a terrifying kind of way!).
- Jump scares work really well in VR! They are a brilliant technique. Be warned.
- Being able to create new monsters for the show and add to the canon is hugely exciting. We’re making Doctor Who history!
- When working in VR, because people can move around, get up close and experience the monsters from any angle, it’s really important to get the quality and accuracy just right. It feels very real!
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)