Dying Light 2 is going to be getting some good coverage this week, but that doesn’t mean the original game will be left out of the limelight.
On May 27th, Techland will be showing off more Dying Light 2, but it could also be the date that players get the complete package of the original Dying Light – a game that has been getting updates for far longer than anybody expected.
A listing on the Microsoft store states that Dying Light: Platinum Edition will release on May 27th – the same date as Techland’s Dying Light 2 event – and it’ll come with every piece of download content released to date. This could mark the end of Dying Light’s support as Techland wraps the game up in one complete package before moving on to Dying Light 2, which will surely see similar levels of post-release support.
The store listing, which has since been tucked away from the prying eyes of the public, listed what is included in Dying Light: Platinum Edition.
- Dying Light – the full award-winning game.
- Dying Light: The Following – a huge expansion complete with a new story, vast original map, and a customizable buggy to drive.
- Dying Light: Bozak Horde – a challenging game mode with its own side story.
- Cuisine & Cargo – two additional quarantine zones.
- Ultimate Survivor Bundle – exclusive weapons and outfits.
- Crash Test Skin Pack – a madcap cosmetic pack.
- Hellraid – a new game mode in a dark-fantasy setting.
5th Anniversary Bundle
- Harran Ranger Bundle
- Gun Psycho Bundle
- Volatile Hunter Bundle
- White Death Bundle
- Vintage Gunslinger Bundle
- Rais Elite Bundle
- Godfather Bundle
- Harran Inmate Bundle
- Retrowave Bundle
- SHU Warrior Bundle
- Volkan Combat Armor Bundle
- Classified Operation Bundle
- Viking: Raiders of Harran Bundle
- Harran Tactical Unit Bundle
What’s not clear is if Dying Light: Platinum Edition will be a simple, albeit expansive bundle, or if it will also com with some next-gen enhancements for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S. We’ll find out soon enough.