Cherry Pop Games, the indie developer behind a few decent PSVR and PS4 releases this console generation, has announced today that it will be releasing another PS4 game this month, Pool Nation.
If Pool Nation seems familiar, that’s because it was originally a PS3 release, and a popular one, too. This time around Pool Nation has been given a lick of paint and a slew of new features to bring players back to the table. You can play offline or online, solo or multiplayer, and you can even enjoy a few new locations, multiplayer features, custom rulesets and more.
The game will offer a “stunningly realistic” billiards experience thanks to being powered by the versatile Unreal Engine 4 game engine, and it’ll offer the most comprehensive pool game on the market, according to Cherry Pop Games.
There’s no release date mentioned in the press release, though it does state that Pool Nation will release later this month on PS4.
● Use the rule set customisation tool to create your favorite game type using nine
existing rule sets including; 9 Ball, 8 Ball, 8 Ball UK, Snooker, Killer and more
● Control your aim level settings; aiming aid off and on, novice through to pro
● Use the in-game currency to customize table baize, cues, balls and decals
● Adjustable difficulty levels in online and offline game modes
Game Modes & Features
● Leagues (Online competitive mode) – Players must climb the ladder and play
with skill to avoid relegation to lower leagues
● Play for Cash – Online competitive mode. Players progress through varying
difficulty levels, the more coins you earn, the higher levels you unlock
● Friendlies – Invite friends to play online, customize your game type, rules,
locations and more
● Versus – Offline game for one or two players. Play against the AI or locally
● Pool Career – Offline single-player career, start out in the qualifiers earn your
place in the first cup.
● Daily Challenges – Play the daily game of 3 Ball to unlock a chance to win free
coins, pot 3 balls to win a random daily prize
● Endurance – Keep sinking balls into pockets as they fall from above. Pot
multiple balls in a row, or perform a skill shot and earn a ‘Drop Stop’ giving you a
brief respite from the falling balls.
● Trickshots – New and updated trickshot editor
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)