Disciples: Liberation is a mature fantasy RPG coming to PC and next-gen consoles later this year. In the run-up to the game’s eventual release, we’re being treated to a gameplay reveal.
Kalypso Media and Frima Studio have released a brand new gameplay trailer for the upcoming mature, dark fantasy strategy RPG Disciples: Liberation, originally announced earlier this year with a really minging trailer. Honestly, don’t click that link if you’re squeemish.
The debut gameplay trailer comes with the smooth tones of Jordane Thiboust, creative director at Frima Studios, as he walks and talks us through some of the biomes, factions, enemies, and more in the game’s dark world setting of Nevendaar.
There’s more, too, but only for PC users, sadly. The game will be hosting an exclusive closed beta to just 1000 players and it’ll start on June 17th. If you want to be in with a chance of playing the game ahead of release, you’ll need to sign up, cross your fingers, click your heels, and hope for the best. You can sign up through the game’s official website.
In addition to the gameplay reveal, there’s also a new gameplay trailer if you just want the basic facts shot into your eyes at the speed of light (and at 2:17 long….)
- 80+ hour single-player campaign: experience a dark fantasy epic over three acts, with more than 270 quests and 5 unique endings
- Explore a war-torn overworld: journey through 4 diverse environments – from luscious woodlands to fiery volcanic plains and icy tundra – and unearth the secrets hidden within the land
- Journey together: join forces with 4 in-game factions – from proud elven clans to remorseless undead hordes, each with their own motivations and gameplay incentives
- Write your own story: pick from 4 uniquely skilled classes and define your place in the world, recruiting others to take up arms for your cause
- Build a base: take on quests for precious resources and use political savvy to build a place of planning and sanctuary
- Fight for your life: recruit 50+ units and build an army best suited to your play style whilst honing both steel and spell in intricate-turned based combat
- Challenge deadly bosses: pit your party against horrific monsters and beasts, each requiring a unique strategy
- Choice is everything: let your decisions guide your fate and directly influence what sort of leader you become
- Fight your friends: put forth the ultimate challenge and battle for supremacy in 2-player online skirmishes