PQube has announced today that Earth Defense Force 5 will be available in North American and European stores on September 18th, 2020 for PS4.
- The Invasion has Begun! – Japan, 2022. An immense fleet of starships have laid siege to an EDF base located in the rough city outskirts in the Kanto region.
- Even More Realistic Battles – Watch as enemy armour disintegrates and shelter from disgusting fluids as they spill across the battlefield. EDF 5 brings you even closer to the action!
- More Weapons Than Ever – Choose from over 1000 guns, rocket launchers, grenades, lasers and more!
- Take on “Inferno Mode” – Battle hard and unlock the epic “inferno mode” to experience the ultimate test against hordes and hordes of assailants!
- The Series’ First Humanoid Aliens – Battling against these intelligent foes will send you to the depths of despair, but victories will take you to the highest of highs!
- Four Powered Up Classes – Choose between Ranger, Wing Diver, Air Raider and Fencer classes. You can switch between each class before every mission.
- Battle Together with Friends – All missions support online co-op of up to 4 players, as well as local split-screen.
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)