There’s a new RPG on the horizon (no, not that Horizon) from Snowcastle Games in association with SOEDESCO. The publisher sent out a press release a little earlier today with a few details about the upcoming game.
Earthlock: Festival of Magic is due to release later this year on PS4, though there’s no release date given at the time of writing, and it looks just bloody lovely.
The game takes inspiration from early 3D RPG’s with familiar features and mechanics, all the while presented with a “beautiful hand drawn art style.” SOEDESCO and Snowcastle Games will be showing off the game a little more at GamesCom in Cologne which starts in just a two weeks’ time.
While there’s no release date as of yet, we do know that it’s due out in the Autumn of this year and that it’ll be available digitally via the PSN, and will also be available as a physical release at retail.
– Explore the magical world of Umbra
– Fast and deep turn‐based battles
– Harvest magical materials and craft items on your home island
– Thorough character customization
– A set of unlikely and unique heroes, each with their own unique fighting style
– Talent Table: combining a classic ‘skilltree’ and equipment to customise your character’s progression
We sometimes link to online retail stores. If you buy something from our links, we may make a small commission which goes towards keeping the lights on and coffee in the pot.
Chris has been writing about gaming news for far too long, and now he’s doing it even more. A true PlayStation know-it-all, Chris has owned just about every Sony console that ever existed. Trophies are like crack to this fella. (Bronze trophies, that is – he only has one Platinum.)